How Buyers Select The Right Builder
- Experience counts. While every builder was once a new builder, experience matters.
- Are past buyers satisfied? Buyers will ask for references from past home buyers.
- Verify if the builder is licensed Buyers will make sure that they and you are covered during the building process.
- Resale value. Good reputations follow good builders. Buyers will check if past homes from this builder has maintained or increased value.
- Look for signs of quality. Buyers will check if builders use brands with well-earned reputations for quality, as well as looking for signs of care and attention.
- Ethical Consideration – Client comes first
- Finding Appropriate Homes – Agents have resources
- Requesting Repairs – Agents can identify trouble
- Tackling the Paperwork – Agents have fax machines
- Pricing Expertise – Agents know the home’s value
- Avoiding Closing Problems – Agents know solutions
- Potential Rebates Available – Sales Promotion
Top 5 Mistakes New Home Buyers Make
- They fall in love with the show home Most people fall in love with the show home, but you have to realize that everything you see in that model home is an upgrade, which is a major portion of a builder’s 10% to 20% profit margin.
- They trust the floor plan New home sales staff will provide square footage based on measurements of external walls. You can’t rely on their verbal assurances, on the floor models, or on the sale pitch or brochure.
- They don’t get their contract lawyered The purchase agreement is the legally binding document that spells out what you’re getting and the conditions of the sale. If you sign without legal representation, you risk being bound to terms you don’t understand or don’t want.
- They don’t bother with an inspection Hiring a professional home inspector will allow you to see if you have any major defects, so you’ll be able to get them fixed under the first stage of the standard provincial warranty, which covers against material and labour defects.
- They buy at the wrong time . In order to get the financing to start a new project, builders will often raise initial funding through pre-sales. If you’re purchasing a freehold home, keep in mind that purchasing at the right time of year can save you tens of thousands of dollars.
How to Choose The Right Agent
The time for buying a new property has finally come! That means you’re on the lookout for working with a good real estate agent to fulfill and satisfy your needs. Finding the right agent is all about relationship, which has to be built on expertise, trust and common respect.
Your real estate agent or realtor will work vigorously to help you find exactly what you’re looking for, whether it’s the right price or the perfect home. Your agent acts as your representative throughout the home buying process. Therefore, it’s important to feel assured that you’re receiving the best possible information and advice from your realtor, so that you’re making a wise investment.
Make sure you choose a real estate agent that understands and knows your present-day situation, as well as knowing the current real estate market and give you the advice, tips and guidance you truly need.
Why Choose Caroline Risi?
Caroline Risi will:
- Educate you about the current market conditions;
- Discuss and analyze your wants and needs against your budget;
- Guide you to homes that fit your criteria;
- Coordinate the work of other professionals you’ll need during the process;
- Negotiate with the seller on your behalf;
- Make sure all the required paperwork is fully completed, accurate and that deadlines are met;
- Work with you to resolve any challenges that may arise.
We encourage you to interview several real estate agents, preferably one that listens to your concerns and needs, along with giving you appropriate feedback, before choosing the one you want to work with.
Why Choose Royal Lepage?
- Quality Service: When you choose a Royal Lepage Sales Associate, you’ll experience a whole new level of service. We lead the industry in advanced real estate education and production.
~Customer Satisfaction: The proof of quality service is in repeat customers and referrals. Royal Lepage Agents average 70% of their business from repeats and referrals, while other agents average about 30% from those sources.
~Education: Royal Lepage Associates lead agents of competing companies in professional classifications which indicates specialized training and education. (They dominate ranks, such as Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Certified Relocation Professional (CRP), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) and Leadership Training Graduate (LTG))
~Production: Royal Lepage Associates are better qualified to set the right price for the homes they list, are better equipped to market those homes, and are likely to find a buyer in a shorter period of time.
- Premier Market Presence: Royal Lepage has already attained Premier Market Presence (PMP) in area after area across Canada and is growing in market share in regions in all 10 Provinces. The organization has been the top-producing real estate network in Canada for several years and is growing rapidly.
- Premier Community Citizenship: Royal Lepage Associates have always been among the leaders in their communities, devoting time and dollars to countless charities and local causes. We contribute more than $10 million since 1999 to help bring hope and provide shelter for those who need it most. ￼